CarTechnoloGY
OP-COM China Newest software - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Opel - Vauxhall - Holden (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: OP-COM China Newest software (/showthread.php?tid=8721)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

OP-COM China Newest software - phalemi24 - 09-07-2015

Hello everyone! I'm new in the car diagnostics world but have a basic knowledge about cars. Just bought an Op-com 201008 fw v1.45, with v6 PCB and was wondering if i can use it on later cars like astra j (2011-2012) or Zafira (same years).If it can be used for these cars, can someone share the opcom software version that it does? i curently have a Vectra C 2003 and it works good with the software it came with, but i'm gonna change it soon to a Astra j or Zafira. Any help is welcome! Thanks!

RE: OP-COM China Newest software - WiKiH - 09-07-2015

(09-07-2015, 11:22 AM)phalemi24 Wrote:  Hello everyone! I'm new in the car diagnostics world but have a basic knowledge about cars. Just bought an Op-com 201008 fw v1.45, with v6 PCB and was wondering if i can use it on later cars like astra j (2011-2012) or Zafira (same years).If it can be used for these cars, can someone share the opcom software version that it does? i curently have a Vectra C 2003 and it works good with the software it came with, but i'm gonna change it soon to a Astra j or Zafira. Any help is welcome! Thanks!

No you can't use newer software because you'll have to update firmware (from 1.45 to 1.59) and if you'll do this then you'll brick your interface because V6 has fake PIC. Even you can't downgrade it to 1.39.

RE: OP-COM China Newest software - rs@chip - 09-07-2015

Look at the forum you have update solution til 2014 and 1.59 fw

(09-07-2015, 12:17 PM)alex.eobd2 Wrote:  Look at the forum you have update solution til 2014 and 1.59 fw

Read carefully - he has V6. First he should repair his interface then it will be able to upgrade firmware!

RE: OP-COM China Newest software - phalemi24 - 09-07-2015

Thank you for the replies!
@WiKiH i read some of the posts on the forum and since the last one related i could find was from 2014 i thought maybe someone found a solution since then, and the person i bought it from wich had few knowledge about it, said it had a working 2014 version of the sw when he used the interface.

@alex.eobd2 does that option include making hardware change to the device (changing the microchip)?

RE: OP-COM China Newest software - pmroyal - 09-07-2015

What is the last download link of opcom ? where in the forum,I can not found.I found firmware 1.60 but I dont have download link for 2014 cars please..

(09-07-2015, 12:23 PM)phalemi24 Wrote:  Thank you for the replies!
@WiKiH i read some of the posts on the forum and since the last one related i could find was from 2014 i thought maybe someone found a solution since then, and the person i bought it from wich had few knowledge about it, said it had a working 2014 version of the sw when he used the interface.

@alex.eobd2 does that option include making hardware change to the device (changing the microchip)?

Seller told you everything what did you expect biggrin If you want to make your interface upgradeable you have to modify it - look at the forum there is a tutorial how to do that.
Cheers!(p)

RE: OP-COM China Newest software - mattydr67 - 09-07-2015

Find VAUX-COM 120309a for you 2011-2012 car
The mixed version not so good
But as Mr WiKiH told you do not try to upgrade the firmware
You need to change the MCU ( PIC18F458 and make few modification in PCB - there is a tutorial but I do not know where is )
Good luck

RE: OP-COM China Newest software - phalemi24 - 09-07-2015

Yeah...and to think that man who sold it to me was a ~60 yo man....guess you can't even trust your grandpa these days... drive

RE: OP-COM China Newest software - mattydr67 - 09-07-2015

Well i'm very curios if your tool is working with the vaux-com 120309a?
You do not need to upgrade the firmware because the firmware requiored by this version of vaux-com is fw1.45
But I had one in my hand and I saw that if you are using this tool with opcom china clone 08/2010 is working like a charm on k-line and CAN BUS
But if I tried with 120309 version it is not working on CAN BUS or k-line ( I do not rememebr well )
But try and review
Good luck