Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Ultimate Ediabas/ISTA+ voltage control V3
03-02-2017, 20:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 29-11-2017, 19:45 PM by Node.)
XZBMW  Ultimate Ediabas/ISTA+ voltage control V3
Hi guys,

I made a small utility suite which allows manual control of voltages which Ediabas sees from the interface such as OBD or CAN. It also includes additional ISTA+ support so it should work with ISTA as well. It's not dependent on INPA or ISTA versions and should work with any version of INPA, ISTA+ and others as well as it integrates between ediabas and cable driver and is completely transparent to high level software. Additional support for ISTA+ should work with any modern version as long as internal code will not change much. My aim is to make it so all ABLs and other procedures work flawlessly.

The link to the suite in the attachment.

Installation instructions:
1. Go to Ediabas folder. For INPA its normaly C:\Ediabas\Bin, for ISTA+ its in Ediabas\Bin folder with ISTA+ directory.
1. If you are using STD:OBD rename existing obd32.dll to obd32.ebas.dll. Users of other cable types rename respective dll (for example STD:CAN users rename can32.dll to can32.ebas.dll).
2. Extract the downloaded file.
3. Copy included obd32.dll to Ediabas\Bin. For other cable types rename it to respective name first (for example can32.dll).
4. For ISTA+ only: copy included NodeISTAVoltageControl.dll to Ediabas\Bin folder within ISTA+ installation.
5. For ISTA+ v4.05 (and above) only:
a) replace existing IstaOperation.exe within ISTA+'s TesterGUI\Bin\Release folder by included one (from respective folder based on ISTA+ version).
b) run included AllowFakeISTAOperation.reg file (choose x86 or x64 depending on your system being 32 or 64 bit respectively).

To manually control the voltage start included NodeEdiabasVoltageControl.exe application. This application can be placed in a different folder if wanted. Voltage can be adjusted by moving sliders or switched off using check boxes. Unchecking check box has the same effect as moving slider to 0V.

UPDATE V2.0:
Version 2.0 of this tool has been released. New features:
1. It now checks the actual interface type setting in ISTA during runtime, so if you switch from Ediabas to ICOM it will stop interfering and resume operation as soon as interface type is set back to Ediabas.
2. It now supports K+DCAN cables which have an ability to detect clamp states (probably most higher quality cables). To use this feature control application should be closed. It will then read actual clamp states and update ISTA voltage states accordingly without any manual actions required. Starting control application will switch the operation to manual control. Closing it will resume automatic recognition.

UPDATE V3.0:
Version 3.0 of this tool has been released. New features:
1. Control application can now be minimized.
2. Support for ISTA+ v4.05 (and hopefully above).

System requirements: Visual Studio 2015 x86 runtime must be installed (same as required for last versions of ISTA+).

P.S. This voltage control utility is not designed to and will not influence voltages reported by ICOM.
P.P.S. This utility works without any issues with original ISTA+, standalone not necessary.

Attached Files
linkV2.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 1,594 times
Size: 70 bytes

linkV3.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 3,587 times
Size: 50 bytes

Reputation: +87 - Jumper [+1] , Marcos [+1] , Twoone [+1] , 530d [+1] , Loliceman [+1] , DNK76 [+1] , volavka [+2] , Vojno [+1] , beemered [+1] , per4mer [+1] , E60 [+1] , ruben_17non [+1] , tunning-gsm [+1] , Dren1977 [+1] , Cowboy [+1] , Reclaimer [+1] , eudin77 [+1] , kestum [+1] , egyclick [+1] , ocostel [+1] , rabihfiras [+1] , RReader [+1] , jimi [+1] , cryptocar [+1] , pesona [+1] , florinyes [+1] , BMW888 [+1] , yavirom [+1] , t1tan1 [+1] , tortu25 [+1] , okolo [+1] , Tech206 [+1] , hamzettin [+1] , starML [+1] , Paul [+1] , DJenka [+1] , ExpertAuto [+1] , gpdriver [+1] , Gmmdi911 [+1] , smlee747 [+1] , Fx82 [+1] , kn6600 [+1] , KahN [+1] , moronga [+1] , LUCAS45 [+1] , bimmer71 [+1] , Joe2 [+1] , arpifree [+1] , _villi_ [+1] , jogi8850 [+1] , tukan [+1] , Savas68 [+1] , ReDFiRe [+1] , autogb56 [+1] , nunorsilva [+1] , Sedoy [+1] , muranoone [+1] , mimi56 [+1] , rch11 [+1] , MCube [+1] , paino [+1] , Matthew53 [+1] , ape [+1] , tigexx [+1] , Rawediag [+1] , karlihuber [+1] , Radco555 [+1] , ptserwis [+1] , Jutoo [+1] , jimvou [+1] , yamaki [+1] , alexturbo [+1] , paui [+1] , papachivas [+1] , adrian1914 [+1] , z00m0 [+1] , jegen [+1] , jonnybgud200 [+1] , piotrek1994 [+1] , sacaman [+1] , bmm-71 [+1] , b3dn [+1] , winiusan1 [+1] , qeen [+1] , nunolusa [+1] , XR6 [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 360 users say Thank You to Node for this post
04-02-2017, 21:18 PM,
XZBMW  RE: Ultimate ediabas voltage control
(03-02-2017, 20:29 PM)Node Wrote:  Hi guys,

I made a small utility suite which allows manual control of voltages which Ediabas sees from the interface such as OBD or CAN. It should work for those using any version of INPA, ISTA+ and others as well as it integrates between ediabas and cable driver and is completely transparent to high level software. So all ABLs and other procedures should work flawlessly.

The link to the suite below

Installation instructions:
1. If you are using STD:OBD rename existing obd32.dll to obd32.ebas.dll within Ediabas\Bin folder. For INPA its in C:\Ediabas\Bin, for ISTA+ its in Ediabas\Bin within ISTA+ folder. STD:CAN users do the same with can32.dll -> can32.ebas.dll. I do not have any CAN cable to test myself, so its not tested though.
2. Extract the zip file.
3. Rename NodeEdiabasVoltageControlDll.dll to obd32.dll or can32.dll respectively and copy it to Ediabas\Bin.

Then enjoy the results: to control voltage run the exe from zip which can be placed anywhere you want. If exe application is not started, this software becomes completely transparent and does not influence any readings at all.

System requirements: Visual Studio 2015 x86 runtime must be installed (same as required for last versions of ISTA+).

P.S. This is the first release so please report any bugs. I've tested it as much as I could but I use ICOM myself, so this was more of a curiosity project for me.

Rule 3: Do not Post Links on the Board! External links must be attached in a text file.

Thanks, Admin

Like this under

Hi Node,

I tested your program and dll with EDIABAS 7.3.0 from BMW Standard Tools 2.,12 and it didn't work. It caused API errors and no values could be read from the DME:
[Image: volt_control_zps54tmrswq.jpg]

With the standard dll, the INPA script works fine:
[Image: msd80_808_1_zpsqoxrxc3y.jpg]
04-02-2017, 22:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-02-2017, 22:23 PM by Node.)
RE: Ultimate ediabas voltage control
From the screenshot I understand you are using STD:OBD interface? Can you please make sure you correctly renamed existing original C:\Ediabas\Bin\obd32.dll to C:\Ediabas\Bin\obd32.ebas.dll and put my NodeEdiabasVoltageControlDll.dll renamed to obd32.dll as new C:\Ediabas\Bin\obd32.dll? Can you try to see what happens when you replace dll and start INPA without starting my control application? Does the main INPA menu (with chasis selection and those circles indicating voltage and ignition) work correctly when you put my dll?
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Node for this post
05-02-2017, 16:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2017, 16:10 PM by beemered.)
Tested your tool with INPA and ISTA+ (k+dcan cable).

The main INPA menu and the circles indicating voltage and ignition work correctly when using your tool (on and off).
In ISTA+ I see no voltage in the upper corner, just --. Should it be there?
Thanks.
05-02-2017, 17:13 PM,
Tested also ISTA+ only
Not show the voltage on right up corner
One more thing. Obd32.dll find it into Ediabas/bin but can32.dll where to find it?
In Reinghold/ediabas/bin I haven't it
Thanks
Good luck
05-02-2017, 20:15 PM,
(04-02-2017, 22:21 PM)Node Wrote:  From the screenshot I understand you are using STD:OBD interface? Can you please make sure you correctly renamed existing original C:\Ediabas\Bin\obd32.dll to C:\Ediabas\Bin\obd32.ebas.dll and put my NodeEdiabasVoltageControlDll.dll renamed to obd32.dll as new C:\Ediabas\Bin\obd32.dll? Can you try to see what happens when you replace dll and start INPA without starting my control application? Does the main INPA menu (with chasis selection and those circles indicating voltage and ignition) work correctly when you put my dll?

Hi Node,

Yes, that's correct. I'm using a STD:OBD interface.

I did not correctly rename the original dll (obd32.dll.) I had renamed it to obd32.old. Once I renamed it to obd32.ebas.dll, that eliminated the API error.

The battery and ignition dots on the INPA main screen were both black, but I didn't cycle the ignition to see if it truly sensed the terminal state change.

Unfortunately, the control application still doesn't appear to work.

[Image: volt_control2_zpsxb63g5ro.jpg]

It doesn't matter if I start the control application first, or after INPA is launched. Either way, it doesn't change my voltage readings.

Hope that helps.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to 808AWD325xi for this post
05-02-2017, 21:21 PM,
Tested with ISTA+. Voltage readings doesn't work. Interface STD:OBD
05-02-2017, 23:08 PM,
Hi Node,

I wrote a quick INPA script to test your control application. It does in fact work, but perhaps not in the way you intended.

This is a screenshot of my test script. I was not connected to a car, nor did I have an EDIABAS interface attached to the computer:
[Image: volt_control3_zpsjprzvxsi.jpg]

I executed your control application prior to executing my test script.

My test script calls the same SGBD as the INPA main menu. It calls the UTILITY SGBD to determine the battery and ignition status. For the battery status, it executes the STATUS_UBATT job which returns STAT_UBATT and for the ignition status, it executes the STATUS_ZUENDUNG job which returns STAT_ZUENDUNG:

The UTILITY SGBD does not truly read voltage. To illustrate this, my test script calls the INTERFACE job which returns BATTERIE. BATTERIE is supposed to report Terminal 30 [KL30] voltage in millivolts:
Code:
[...]
  INPAapiJob("UTILITY","INTERFACE","","");
  INPAapiResultLong(long_var,"BATTERIE",1);

text(5, 5, "Battery Voltage per SGBD UTILITY INTERFACE Job:");
  longtoreal(long_var, real_var);
  real_var=real_var/1000;
  multianalogout(real_var, 6, 5, 0, 22, 12, 16, "", 1);
[...]

BATTERIE will always return 14000 mV. Your control application is able to adjust that value.

The reason that the ignition is off in the above screenshot is because I set the ignition voltage to 9.9 V.

I hope that this additional information helps to clarify things.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to 808AWD325xi for this post
06-02-2017, 17:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017, 17:04 PM by Node.)
808AWD325xi,
Thank you for the work you've done. This indeed was my idea to handle voltage reading done directly by the interface. Since release I found one additional call which seems to return true/false values for ignition and power, but neither of those seem to be actually used by ISTA+. By looking at the code of ISTA+ I saw that KL15 and KL30 values are only displayed for an ICOM. There is some code also specific for PTT and FUNK interfaces. I don't have access to any car with K-Line at the moment, but tomorrow there hopefully will be one and I will try to see it ISTA+ can be fooled somehow. Not yet sure how it detects ignition changeover for non-ICOM interfaces as well (for ICOM it seems to use voltages measured by ICOM itself, so I hoped it uses the same way for other interfaces). There is clearly work to done yet.
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Node for this post
07-02-2017, 14:41 PM,
Thx for your work so far. I would really appreciate if your addon would enable me to do ista abl which use voltage recognition. Voltagecontrol doesnt work for me
So good luck and keep going on

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ista 4.46 Standalone kiranabc 30 2,761 26 minutes ago
Last Post: edtech
  AOS Ista possible to deactivate second check after scan? RaoulK1998 17 272 4 hours ago
Last Post: RaoulK1998
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.xx problems and possible solution Sedoy 76 7,252 Yesterday, 20:02 PM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW ISTA Standalone Licenserequest up to v4.37.4x Sedoy 8,646 627,193 Yesterday, 16:29 PM
Last Post: Sedoy
XZBMW Update ISTA at once 4.43.40 (ISTA Update Program) charlesjyw 34 6,411 Yesterday, 10:39 AM
Last Post: MINIGP1610
XZBMW BMW ISTA-P Rheingold 69.0.200 (Torrent File) carsoftcare 1 119 26-03-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: hlip
  ISTA launcher problem Red_bean_bun 1 155 26-03-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: 2013m5
XZBMW Adding a new vehicle/model to "Reingold" ISTA+ dieselweasel 12 659 25-03-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Node
  REQUEST ista 4.45.21 the ISTAGUI.exe file ddsx 5 323 24-03-2024, 14:15 PM
Last Post: Mathijshee
  For anyone having problem with ICOM NEXT FW update via ISTA+. ImmBoo 16 3,887 24-03-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Twointje