Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

NBT EVO G30 , Asian to ECE conversion .
23-10-2018, 17:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-10-2018, 17:52 PM by emhtuning.)
NBT EVO G30 , Asian to ECE conversion .
Hello everyone , 

today I was working on  converting an US specs G30 to ECE which had tons of module replaced due to the car being flooded.

luckily everything is working now as it should be , last thing to do was the headunit , screen is black and nothing showing , ista+ shows error that HU coding is incomplete .

I went a head and flashed the headunit , I was surprised that Esys wanted me to replace it but I didn't understand why , but I managed to flash it except the CAFD coding it gives an error . 

apparently the headunit is Korean version ( part # 65128794116 ) , and i am not able to make any kind of coding.

I have the patch files with FSC pack for this car , but the problem is that the USB ports are completely not enabled ,maybe due to the fact that there is not default coding done .

any hint or suggestion ??

appreciate it in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2018, 17:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-10-2018, 17:58 PM by bmwcoder75.)
RE: NBT EVO G30 , Asian to ECE conversion .
You can not VO code EVO from different regions
If EVO is Korean, then you have to use Korean FA.
Unless you have a patch, which does not always work, or not without a lot more work
But if radio is coded with correct FA the first time, then there is no need to buy Patches at all.

Now radio is possibly locked for VO coding, which makes it 2 problems to solve
[+] 1 user says Thank You to bmwcoder75 for this post
23-10-2018, 18:02 PM,
thanks mister , problem is that i'm not able to find out the original VIN of this EVO to make a korean VO . it shows the funny yyyyyy as showing in the picture .
23-10-2018, 18:05 PM,
(23-10-2018, 18:02 PM)emhtuning Wrote:  thanks mister , problem is that i'm not able to find out the original VIN of this EVO to make a korean VO . it shows the funny yyyyyy as showing in the picture .

Read FSC status, should show original VIN
23-10-2018, 18:09 PM,
(23-10-2018, 18:05 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  
(23-10-2018, 18:02 PM)emhtuning Wrote:  thanks mister , problem is that i'm not able to find out the original VIN of this EVO to make a korean VO . it shows the funny yyyyyy as showing in the picture .

it shows the car vin  sweating sweating sweating sweating

and it shows all the FSC in " canceled " status .

but I know that this car have been to the dealer to claim some parts under warranty , while working on the car the dealer found out that it is total lost in USA , so they canceled the job and kick the car away .
23-10-2018, 18:15 PM,
(23-10-2018, 18:09 PM)emhtuning Wrote:  

but I know that this car have been to the dealer to claim some parts under warranty , while working on the car the dealer found out that it is total lost in USA , so they canceled the job and kick the car away .

Ok Cancelled, check Component Protection is active or not
Does not help, still should be able to VO code with CP on

Why is there a Korean radio anyway, might have been cheap to buy on ebay, but will do your head man, waste of your time you will never get paid for...
23-10-2018, 18:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-10-2018, 19:09 PM by emhtuning.)
(23-10-2018, 18:15 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  
(23-10-2018, 18:09 PM)emhtuning Wrote:  

Ok Cancelled, check Component Protection is active or not
Does not help, still should be able to VO code with CP on

Why is there a Korean radio anyway, might have been cheap to buy on ebay, but will do your head man, waste of your time you will never get paid for...

maybe the dumb parts purchaser man found it cheap in the scrap yard , 

now I managed to detect CAFD , then I read the coding , edit the coding and I enabled USB ports . then I wrote the coding back and it went through .

problem is that I'm doing the job remotely , shop is already closed so I have to wait till tomorrow to have someone on remote site to help me trying to load the patch file from usb .

Update:

I have created a Koran VO , and coded headunit with it ,

VIN is back to normal , all errors are gone in ISTA+ , and everything works as it should be . 

tomorrow will be Patch loading and Map update , I will keep this thread updated for future records .

enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user says Thank You to emhtuning for this post
24-10-2018, 11:40 AM,
new Update : after spending hours diagnosis the USB ports , apparently the USB hot is not working and now the technicians are removing the complete dash to reach the hub for physical diagnostic and probably a replacement .

- all fuses are OK
- headunit main USB1 USB2 sockets are working fine , there is 5V power on each socket .
- both USB sockets ( cup holder - under armrest ) have 0V power and headunit not recognizing any usb sticks .
20-12-2018, 13:59 PM,
(24-10-2018, 11:40 AM)emhtuning Wrote:  new Update : after spending hours diagnosis the USB ports , apparently the USB hot is not working and now the technicians are removing the complete dash to reach the hub for physical diagnostic and probably a replacement .

- all fuses are OK  
- headunit main USB1 USB2 sockets are working fine , there is 5V power on each socket .
- both USB sockets ( cup holder - under armrest ) have 0V power and headunit not recognizing any usb sticks .

If you need just convert that EVO and USB ports is doesn't matter for customer - you can do conversion with FemtoEVO. All you need is working ethernet connection from OABR to gateway, in your case BDC.
All can be done in 2-3 minutes.

FSCMap -> FemtoEVO
portal.femtoevo.com online geration VO/FA by VIN, FSC sets, MGU ViM , FSC for Map Updates ROUTE / EVO / CIC / CHAMP / NBT
MD1/MG1 06.2020+ DME unlocking services.
1CR Enable for 06.2020+ EU cars (G series, petrol/DIESEL - RU only).
NCD sign for coding 2.0 for selected portal users. kiss
instagram: @femtoevo
[+] 1 user says Thank You to FSCmap for this post
11-08-2019, 14:38 PM,
I didn't want to start new topic, so I will ask here. How is about the conversion from Asia to ECE, but in NBT? The car originally has Korean VO, because there was nothing changed. Can I only change and code some FDL and VO accordingly to ECE or I also need to flash HU and others related? For maps I need patch,FSC and modify HDD, but if customer don't care about maps, then I can leave original FSC (under the condition that it will still remain applyed) and everything should work?

Only BMW services:

Remote coding/programming - E, F, G serie
HDD change, Carplay, Screen mirroring activation
FSC pack - CIC, NBT, NBT EVO, ENTRYNAV2, MGU, KAFAS
Remote reset 8HP ISN F serie
ELV disable for CAS3, 3+

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW BMW F36 US > EU conversion no High Beam lights zygi898 8 169 Yesterday, 17:34 PM
Last Post: zygi898
XZBMW BMW Idrive 7 MGU Map region conversion suckatall 14 2,744 05-04-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: alb3rt
XZBMW MGU MAP conversion usa to ece krolig 9 1,147 28-03-2024, 21:50 PM
Last Post: marcdts
  'Data on USB device unusable' id4 to id6 conversion claw 7 359 04-03-2024, 15:40 PM
Last Post: dasi
  BMW E90 FRM1 to FRM3 LCI conversion swap wiring BimmerSLO 0 175 08-12-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: BimmerSLO
XZBMW BMW G22 usa to ece conversion PsevDo 4 1,067 21-11-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: PsevDo
XZBMW BMW F10 LCI RHD to LHD conversion pablito94 12 1,199 24-10-2023, 17:28 PM
Last Post: pablito94
  MGU: Korea -> ECE Conversion FSC's diagso 7 827 25-09-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: diagso
XZBMW BMW F48 navi 6UP conversion Hoborg 2 432 18-09-2023, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Hoborg
XZBMW NBT EVO ID4/5/6 - hdd clone and Asia conversion anstr 5 917 19-08-2023, 09:23 AM
Last Post: DEJMIEN