Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Car isn't starting up due to red warning steering Lock
27-02-2024, 12:41 PM,
XZBMW  Car isn't starting up due to red warning steering Lock
Hi,

Context: 

Model: G30 
Several years back, I adeptly upgraded the 5AT (Driving Assistant Plus) system, necessitating a replacement of the steering wheel. It got retroffited sucsefully. Yet, some months later, I stumbled upon an ISTA error:

S 0693 - No communication possible with: Electric steering lock 
ELV ECU showed red on ecu trees.

The car was working fine, so I ignored it. 

Issue:

A few days ago, I flashed all the ECUs with the latest Psdzdata Full 4.46.11 and...

The recurring issue flagged by ISTA remains consistent: 'Electric Steering Lock.' However, this time, the car fails to initiate startup. Upon pressing the start/stop button, a red warning illuminates on the dashboard, indicating 'Steering lock.' Battery is fully loaded with external charger.

So, I think somehow code has changed and don't allow the car to startup with the "No communication possible with: Electric steering lock" fault. I am trying to flash with an old PSdZData-Full, but difficult to get it. Shipment: 17-03-519.

Any other help? Thank you very much
Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2024, 12:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-02-2024, 12:53 PM by Node.)
RE: Car isn't starting up due to red warning steering Lock
1. Steering wheel SHOULD have nothing to do with ELV.
2. So remains unclear WHY you started to get that message. Have you disconnected ELV? ELV is only present on manual transmission G30s. Is you car manual or have you broken BDC coding or WTF did you do???
3. Forget about downgrading firmware... IF that is the only fault you currently have, issue is with BDC and you CAN'T downgrade it. So SOLVE the problem.
27-02-2024, 13:16 PM,
(27-02-2024, 12:51 PM)Node Wrote:  1. Steering wheel SHOULD have nothing to do with ELV.
2. So remains unclear WHY you started to get that message. Have you disconnected ELV? ELV is only present on manual transmission G30s. Is you car manual or have you broken BDC coding or WTF did you do???
3. Forget about downgrading firmware... IF that is the only fault you currently have, issue is with BDC and you CAN'T downgrade it. So SOLVE the problem.

1. Correct, ELV should't appear as ECU because the car is automatic.
2. I got this suddenly after flashing. Firstly, I flashed just BDC with no issues at all; I was even driving. The next day, I wanted to flash DKOMBI, but unfortunately, all the ECUs were accidentally marked, and it flashed all the ECUs... My mistake sad
3. But with flashed BDC there were no problem.

I never understood why ELV was there. Two days of testing things, and nothing resurrected the car sad
27-02-2024, 13:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-02-2024, 13:56 PM by Node.)
Have you flashed with VCM update enabled???

Because my logic...
1. ELV is in ISTA because 99% you broke SVT stored in the car (and added ELV in there).
2. IF you JUST broke SVT I doubt it would cause no start condition.
3. The simplest common denominator is you have mangled FA to be manual car or something like that. Then flashing with VCM enabled rewrote SVT to contain ELV and coding BDC now made it also expect ELV...

OR there could be alternative reason that 4.46.1x is NOT supporting your car yet. ISTA has execution break, but you clearly used ESys, so NO break...

P.S. That still makes sense ONLY if you now have MORE FAULTS regarding coms, NOT only S0693.

P.P.S. Given you flashed not with ISTA: HAVE YOU reset starter lock after flashing!!!??? NOT doing that will prevent car from starting IF BDC was flashed.

P.P.P.S. So IF you have more faults - post them ALL here, because your story still makes little sense.
27-02-2024, 14:22 PM,
(27-02-2024, 13:39 PM)Node Wrote:  Have you flashed with VCM update enabled???

Because my logic...
1. ELV is in ISTA because 99% you broke SVT stored in the car (and added ELV in there).
2. IF you JUST broke SVT I doubt it would cause no start condition.
3. The simplest common denominator is you have mangled FA to be manual car or something like that. Then flashing with VCM enabled rewrote SVT to contain ELV and coding BDC now made it also expect ELV...

OR there could be alternative reason that 4.46.1x is NOT supporting your car yet. ISTA has execution break, but you clearly used ESys, so NO break...

P.S. That still makes sense ONLY if you now have MORE FAULTS regarding coms, NOT only S0693.

P.P.S. Given you flashed not with ISTA: HAVE YOU reset starter lock after flashing!!!??? NOT doing that will prevent car from starting IF BDC was flashed.

P.P.P.S. So IF you have more faults - post them ALL here, because your story still makes little sense.

No. I disabled "Update VCM after Tal Execution".

1. So, Could I fix it?
2. Yes, it would be strange because this fault was always there.
3. Didn't make lot of changes in FA and I had the factory FA and comparing with it, it seems good.

Correct, I used eSys. Never code with ISTA+.

I am going to test Vehicle again with ista+ to check more faults.

Ive reset "starter lock" several times but no luck.

I will be back with new vehicle test faults.
27-02-2024, 14:33 PM,
Again, little sense... If you have VCM update disabled so even if you break FA, SVT in car stays the same... So question whether you had VCM update enabled BACK THEN when you did retrofit.

1. Fix is not hard, get proper FA, enable VCM update and do some any coding or flashing.
2. You said it appeared after you did retrofit, so logical conclusion that you had VCM update enabled back then and you used BROKEN FA.
3. List ALL the changes you did. ESPECIALLY if you changed type code!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
27-02-2024, 16:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-02-2024, 16:49 PM by MrM10.)
(27-02-2024, 14:33 PM)Node Wrote:  Again, little sense... If you have VCM update disabled so even if you break FA, SVT in car stays the same... So question whether you had VCM update enabled BACK THEN when you did retrofit.

1. Fix is not hard, get proper FA, enable VCM update and do some any coding or flashing.
2. You said it appeared after you did retrofit, so logical conclusion that you had VCM update enabled back then and you used BROKEN FA.
3. List ALL the changes you did. ESPECIALLY if you changed type code!

ALIVE!!!

FIXED FA > TAL calculation > Flashed DME > Code Some ECUs and ELV disappeared = start up sucesfull

No more ELV at eSys.However, checked faults on ISTA and still there th F* S0963 and red ecu in tree. (removed faults and test and still there)

Car working all correct after a good driving test.

Thank you for helping! After many tries I did it.
27-02-2024, 17:05 PM,
If the FA is truly fixed code some module with vcm update enabled -> should remove the red ecu and fault.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Spirit5676 for this post
27-02-2024, 17:09 PM,
Sounds like you also have wrong FA written to a car - fix it.
27-02-2024, 22:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-02-2024, 22:56 PM by MrM10.)
(27-02-2024, 17:09 PM)Node Wrote:  Sounds like you also have wrong FA written to a car - fix it.

I have revised it but don't find anything strange in it.

(27-02-2024, 17:05 PM)Spirit5676 Wrote:  If the FA is truly fixed code some module with vcm update enabled -> should remove the red ecu and fault.

Will do. Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disable active steering e91 xMoses 0 33 Yesterday, 15:42 PM
Last Post: xMoses
XZBMW Brake Pads Warning Disable -Racing purpose marcdts 2 143 19-04-2024, 19:59 PM
Last Post: bmchicago
XZBMW BMW G32 6 GT - Central Lock Issue DaBotta 3 184 06-04-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Volum
  TPMS not giving warning of low tyre pressure G12 Spirit5676 1 104 03-04-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: bmchicago
XZBMW BMW X1 E84 active front steering ajpds 2 923 27-03-2024, 22:04 PM
Last Post: johann74270
XZBMW Bmw F10 key works only on steering column Ring Aerial Zuraczu 1 114 27-03-2024, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Matthew53
  2006 BMW X5 E53 Converted to coil springs-Need to delete "self leveling warning koziol 11 1,239 22-03-2024, 14:22 PM
Last Post: Gabriel87
  Problem Retrofit electrified steering column on the G31 LCI smercki 12 485 22-03-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Node
  E60 disable active steering BimmerSLO 4 421 05-03-2024, 19:32 PM
Last Post: BimmerSLO
XZBMW Lane change warning, front left slave not installed MrM10 2 150 29-02-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: MrM10